Dyson Supersonic or Dyson Airwrap?
Investing in high-quality hair styling tools is essential for achieving the perfect hair look. Dyson has brought its engineering expertise to the realm of hair care with two popular products: the Dyson Supersonic or Dyson Airwrap. Choosing between these two can be a daunting task, as both promise exceptional results and cutting-edge technology. In this comprehensive comparison, we will dissect the features, benefits, and drawbacks of each product to help you make an informed decision on whether to buy the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer or the Dyson Airwrap.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (Read our detailed review here)
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer was the company’s first foray into the world of hair care. It was introduced with the promise of fast drying, reduced heat damage, and a sleek, user-friendly design.
- Powerful Airflow: The Supersonic boasts a digital motor that produces a high-velocity jet of controlled air, resulting in fast drying times.
- Intelligent Heat Control: This dryer uses intelligent heat control technology to maintain the optimal temperature to prevent extreme heat damage to your hair.
- Acoustic Engineering: Dyson’s engineers designed the Supersonic to be quieter than traditional hair dryers.
- Magnetic Attachments: The dryer comes with magnetic attachments for precision styling, including a smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator, and diffuser.
- Ergonomic Design: The Supersonic’s handle is in the base, making it well-balanced and comfortable to hold.
Pros of Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:
- Fast Drying: The powerful motor and controlled airflow make drying your hair quicker than ever before.
- Reduced Heat Damage: The intelligent heat control technology ensures your hair is exposed to less damaging heat, reducing the risk of hair damage and frizz.
- Quiet Operation: Compared to traditional hair dryers, the Supersonic operates at a lower noise level, making for a more pleasant experience.
- Customizable Styling: The magnetic attachments allow for precision styling and a variety of hair looks.
- Ergonomic and Lightweight: The design of the Supersonic is user-friendly, and it’s lightweight, which reduces hand fatigue during use.
Cons of Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:
- High Price Tag: The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is an investment, and it may not be affordable for everyone.
- Limited Styling Options: While it’s excellent for drying and basic styling, it may not offer the same versatility as the Dyson Airwrap.
Dyson Airwrap Hair Styler (Read our detailed review here)
The Dyson Airwrap, on the other hand, takes a different approach to hairstyling. It is a multi-functional tool that combines drying, curling, straightening, and more into a single device.
- Air Styling: The Airwrap uses air to style your hair, reducing the need for extreme heat. It comes with various attachments for different styling options, including barrels for curling, a smoothing brush, and a pre-styling dryer.
- Intelligent Heat Control: Similar to the Supersonic, the Airwrap also features intelligent heat control technology to protect your hair from excessive heat.
- Coanda Effect: The Airwrap uses the Coanda effect to attract hair to the barrel or brush, making styling easier and more effective.
- Multiple Styling Attachments: The Airwrap includes multiple barrels and brushes, allowing you to create a wide range of hairstyles.
- Ergonomic Design: Like the Supersonic, the Airwrap is designed for comfort and ease of use.
Pros of Dyson Airwrap:
- Versatility: The Airwrap is incredibly versatile, offering multiple styling options in one device.
- Reduced Heat Damage: Its use of air and intelligent heat control protects your hair from excessive heat damage.
- Precise Styling: The Coanda effect makes it easier to achieve precise styling results.
- All-in-One Convenience: Instead of buying separate styling tools, the Airwrap combines several functions in one, potentially saving you money in the long run.
Cons of Dyson Airwrap:
- Learning Curve: Some users may find it takes time to master the various attachments and techniques for different styles.
- Pricey Investment: Just like the Supersonic, the Airwrap comes with a premium price tag.
Comparison: Dyson Supersonic or Dyson Airwrap
Now that we’ve examined the individual features and pros and cons of each product, let’s compare the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and the Dyson Airwrap in various aspects:
1. Drying Performance:
- Supersonic: The Supersonic excels in drying hair quickly, thanks to its powerful motor and controlled airflow.
- Airwrap: The Airwrap is also an effective dryer, but its primary strength lies in its versatility for styling.
2. Styling Options:
- Supersonic: While it can help with basic styling, its primary function is drying. It offers limited styling attachments.
- Airwrap: The Airwrap is the clear winner in this category, offering multiple styling attachments for curls, waves, straightening, and more.
3. Heat Damage:
- Supersonic: The Supersonic’s intelligent heat control technology minimizes heat damage during drying.
- Airwrap: Like the Supersonic, the Airwrap also protects hair from excessive heat damage, making it a healthier option for styling.
- Supersonic: The Supersonic Hair Dryer is expensive but relatively more affordable than the Airwrap.
- Airwrap: The Airwrap comes with a premium price due to its multifunctionality and attachments.
5. Noise Level:
- Supersonic: The Supersonic is quieter than traditional hair dryers, making for a more pleasant experience.
- Airwrap: The Airwrap also operates quietly, ensuring minimal disturbance.
6. Ease of Use:
- Supersonic: The Supersonic’s design is user-friendly, with an ergonomic handle and lightweight build.
- Airwrap: The Airwrap is also designed for ease of use, but some users may find a slight learning curve when using different attachments.
Choosing between the Dyson Supersonic or Dyson Airwrap ultimately depends on your hair styling needs, preferences, and budget.
- If you primarily need a hair dryer with fast drying times and reduced heat damage, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is an excellent choice. It’s also more budget-friendly compared to the Airwrap.
- On the other hand, if you’re looking for a versatile styling tool that can create various hairstyles, the Dyson Airwrap is the way to go. While it comes at a higher price point, it can potentially replace multiple styling tools in your collection.
Both Dyson products are engineered with cutting-edge technology, ensuring the health and beauty of your hair. Whichever option you choose, you can expect exceptional quality and performance, backed by Dyson’s reputation for innovation and reliability. Consider your styling needs, budget, and the level of versatility you require when making your decision.
Great Deal on the Dyson Airwrap on Amazon here
Great Deal on the Dyson Supersonic Hair dryer on Amazon here
(Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, Fio de Ouro earns a small commission from qualifying purchases)